Saturday, August 3, 2013

A few days ago I was thrilled to receive this delightful and unexpected bit of fan mail:

"...My wife and I were very lucky, I think it was back in April, when the [Pasadena City College] play we were going to attend was sold out of tickets when we got there.  This has happened before, and knowing that there are often multiple things going on somewhere on
campus, we keep our eyes open for other venues where people are coming and going
in and out of.  We went into Harbeson Hall, apparently just after Thérèse started, and were handed a program.  Wonderful piano and singing quickly grabbed our attention...  We had a chance to read a bit of the program and understand what the opera was, the story, and the singers.  The entire opera was just wonderful, the piano [accompaniment] seemed so appropriate... and you vocalists were magnificent.  The story was captivating and I loved Massenet's music.  Needless to say, it was a memorable and wonderful evening.  What an honor to be at the West Coast premiere and an excellent one indeed."

Rex Mayreis, Altadena
    
Thank you, Rex!  Your email made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment